Live Stream Problems
If you are having trouble with the live stream, see the Live Stream Tutorial and Frequently Asked Questions below. If you are still having problems, please fill out the contact us form at the bottom of the page and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Note, we are not always able to respond on Sunday mornings.
Covid 19 Live Stream Problems
With the increased need for live streaming during this season we have been experiencing some issues on Sunday mornings and during the week. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get connected online.
- If you're having issues with skipping sound, we recommend you refresh your browser. It make take multiple refreshes to finally get you connected. You might also need to move to a different device if you have the option.
- We have heard many people have been having issues with IPads. If you have the option to use another device we recommend using that instead. If this is your only option you might need to keep refreshing for it to finally settle in.
- In the last few weeks, we've noticed that the beginning of the service is the most unstable time. After about 10 minutes, when everyone has joined, it starts working more smoothly. You might need to try for a couple minutes for it to start working.
- In an effort to help people join and not miss the beginning of the service we will start each Sunday service with the children's moment at the beginning. The rest of the service will start at 9:35 & 11:05am.
- If you have any questions or issues you can email Sarah Morris at .
When is the live stream available?
We currently stream the Traditional Worship Service at 9:30, Modern Worship Service at 11am, & the Believer's Garden Worship service at 11:15am central time.
What equipment do I need to watch the live stream?
Nearly any computer, tablet or phone with a broadband internet connection should be able to stream the worship service live. You may also use a Roku device to stream our church's channel.
How can I be involved in the worship service?
Our live stream includes the lyrics to the hymns and the words to any unison prayers. We welcome you to sing along and pray along at home. We also ask you to check in with us and include any prayer concerns. We will pass your prayer concerns along to our prayer team. You can participate in our offering at home as well through online giving. Links for all of these options are located right above the live stream window.
I am unable to view the live stream, what can I do?
New technology always comes with occasional difficulties. Attempting to send and receive a live broadcast over the internet to a multitude of different devices can be complicated. Here are a few things you might check:
Your connection - You need to have a broadband connection either through a cable modem, DSL line, fiber network, or mobile data connection. If you're using a wireless connection (wifi) make sure that you have a strong signal. While watching video streaming, you may need to move closer to your router.
Your browser - Our streaming provider works to make our stream compatible with most internet browsers. However, with ever changing technology and unlimited configurations, sometimes it just doesn't work. If you are able, try a different browser. Some users who have trouble with Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (Mac) have had better luck with Google's Chrome Browser.
Rebooting - It is amazing what happens when we turn our devices off and then back on again. Give it a try!
The audio has an echo?
We have found this to be a common problem that can be easily fixed. With modern browsers, it is fairly easy to accidentally open more than one browser tab or window. Usually, when there is an echo, it is due to the live stream playing in more than one location. The easiest way to remedy this is to completely close your browser. If you are running more than one, (i.e. Explorer and Chrome) close them all. If that doesn't fix it, feel free to fill out the response form below.
We will continue adding advice and common issues here as we become aware of them. In the meantime, if you still can't get online, use the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.