University United Methodist Church looks for loyal, dedicated, and active members with a wide variety of gifts and talents. If you feel like God is leading you to be a part of this team and your skills match any of the open positions, download the University Employment Application from the link at the bottom of this page. After completing the application please review it thoroughly and make sure it is complete. You can email the completed application to , or print it and either drop it off in the main office or mail it to:
University United Methodist Church
5084 De Zavala Road
San Antonio, TX 78249
Associate of Traditional Music and Fine Arts - Full-time 32 hours - (non-exempt)
The Traditional Worship and Fine Arts center is seeking a person that will be able to offer musical skills and administrative support to the ministry. This person must be willing to work with people from age’s infant through senior adult. This 30-32 hour a week position has flexible hours, but working on Sundays from 7:45 am - 12:30 pm is a requirement of the job. The ideal candidate will also have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Additional experience working with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel, as well as musical support apps to include Music writing and electronic device support. This person should be able to schedule many volunteers and staff weekly for various events with really good “people” skills. Some supervisory experience will be helpful and needs to pass all background checks.
Candidates may complete the online job application above and e-mail to or return it to the church office, attention Debbie Vignes
AM & PM Nursery Caregiver – (Part-time approx.12-15 hours)
Nursery is seeking part-time AM & PM Nursery caregivers. The hired applicant will work along with other caregivers on weekday AM’s, PM’s and Sunday AM’s if desired. Applicant will cover hours of 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM on scheduled weekday mornings. Applicant must be responsible and able to nurture children left in our care. Previous experience in child care in a nursery is preferred. For additional information please contact Abigail Black, Nursery Director at or come by our church office to obtain an application.
Please e-mail completed application to or return the application to Debbie Vignes at the church office.
Special Needs Coordinator – (Part-time 20 hours, Non Exempt)
The Special Needs Ministry is seeking a PT coordinator to work with our staff, volunteers and children and adults who have special needs. Hours are flexible but must be able to work Thursdays from 5pm to 8:30pm and Sundays from 9am to 1:30pm. Job requires updating websites, posting on social media and finding creative ways to communicate with our special needs population. Prior work with special needs is preferred; experience with websites, internal database programs, and social media communication is required. This job offers a great mixture of personal interaction with church staff and people with special needs, creativity and time in front of a PC. Please contact Susan Galindo for more information at 210-690-7323 or send resume and questions to .
Director Student Ministry – (Full-time, 40 hours, Exempt)
University United Methodist Church has an opening for Director of Student Ministry.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Extensive professional experience in serving and leading in Student Ministry. A minimum of 5 year’s experience as a Youth Director or Pastor preferred.
- Must be a gifted leader and administrator who equips staff members to set and meet goals and to solve problems. Additionally, must be comfortable and eager to spiritually lead and shape both staff and leaders.
- Must be prepared to bring fresh and energetic perspectives to the current structure and mission statement of the ministry.
- Must have a passion for developing relationships with students.
- Be willing to work and be a team player with other ministry areas as we collectively seek to fulfill the mission of University.
- Preferred candidate has a long-term vocational calling in student ministry.
- Oversee and supervise student ministry staff members and interns.
- Design and implement a number of trips and outings alongside staff, leaders, and students.
- Envision and maintain a ministry approach that engages with new students, disciples all students, and equips all students to live out their Christian faith in their lives.
- Manage the budget and all financial aspects associated with student ministry.
- Willing to be an active part in leadership of worship services throughout the week, particularly enabling student presence and participation in corporate worship.
- Work closely alongside a pastoral supervisor and be willing to accomplish other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Financial compensation varies depending on level of experience and qualifications.
- Benefits include but not limited to health insurance, vacation, sick leave, retirement.
Candidates may complete the job application available on the church website at UniversitySATX.Org (under About Us/Employment). and e-mail to or return it to the church office, attention Debbie Vignes
Day School Second Grade Teacher (Exempt, Full-time)
University United Methodist Church currently has an opening for a Second Grade teacher M-F 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
The successful applicant must be a person committed to Christ and His church with a love of children and their families, have a desire to serve in team ministry, be physically able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. and be willing to teach Biblical principles. Qualified candidates must be certified to teach Second Grade. Prior experience preferred. The day school follows the NISD school calendar for dates of operation. Please contact Amanda Nunneley by e-mail at for more information.
Candidates may complete the job application available on the church website (under About Us/Employment).
Helping Hands Day Habilitation Program – (Part-time, Non-Exempt)
Helping Hands Day Habilitation Program is seeking to hire a Part Time Direct Care Staff. This position requires the oversight, teaching and training for small groups of clients who have special needs in an adult day hab setting. Some experience with special needs individuals is required. Interviews begin the week of 3/8/21 and job begins 3/29/21.
Candidates may complete the job application below, or they are also available in the church office, 5084 DeZavala Road, San Antonio, TX 78249. Please send resume and application to Susan Galindo, or call 210-690-7323 for more information.
Maintenance Assistant – (Full-time, Non-exempt)
Qualified candidate will be motivated self starter that can work independently as well as a team member. General duties will include electrical – light and ballast replacement and general troubleshooting, plumbing – restroom fixture repair and replacement, general carpentry, irrigation, HVAC – general knowledge of various types of Energy Management systems and ice machines. This position will be from 8-5 Saturday through Wednesday. Qualified candidates may complete the job application available above or in the church office, attach a resume and copies of any certificated/licenses and return to or to Debbie Vignes at the church office.
University United Methodist Church currently has an opening for a Custodial position to include some weekdays and opening facility on weekends.
The successful applicant must be Christ-centered, able to maintain a safe and clean environment, have reliable transportation, custodial experience and physically able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs. Responsibilities include opening facility on weekends, setting up and tearing down tables and chairs, using floor cleaning machine, and cleaning multiple areas of the campus. Please contact Laura Ames in the church office for more information at 210-696-1033. Only serious inquiries please apply.
Candidates may complete the job application below, or they are also available in the church office, 5084 DeZavala Road, San Antonio, TX 78249.