Good things happen when you give to University!
Your giving is an act of worship and makes it possible for University to help build bridges to our community and our world. When you give to University, you are not only supporting our church but the global United Methodist Church. There are several different ways you can give:
1. Bring or Send to University - Place your gift in the offering plate on Sunday mornings, bring to our office during the week, or put in the drop-box next to the Main Office entrance doors. Donations can also be mailed to University United Methodist Church, Finance Office, 5084 De Zavala Road, San Antonio, Texas 78249.
2. Online Giving - Make one time or recurring gifts using your debit card, credit card, or electronic funds transfer (EFT) from your bank account. Due to the convenience fees charged for using a credit card, preferred methods are debit card or EFT. If paying with a credit card, you have the option to pay towards the cost of online processing. Please sign in to your account before giving online as this helps us more easily track your donations. Don’t have an account? Click here to set one up or sign in. Start giving online now!
3. Bill Payment – Set up one time or recurring gifts with your financial institution using their bill payment option.
4. Text to Give - Use your mobile phone to text your gift to (210) 361-0899.
5. Other options – IRA, 401(k) or Charitable Fund distributions; sale of stock and wire transfer.
If you have any questions about financial matters, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, or contact Debbie Vignes.
When you give you are being faithful to scripture: Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
What are apportionments?
The way we support the ministries of the global United Methodist Church is through our apportioned funds, a method of giving that proportionally allocates the church-wide budget to conferences, local churches, and abroad. For United Methodists, this method of giving has become a strong, generous tradition. Together, through our connected congregations, we can accomplish what no single church, district, or annual conference ever could hope to do alone. In this way, each individual, each family, each congregation gives a fair share for the church's work. We combine our prayers, presence, gifts, and service to make a significant difference in the lives of God's people.